- Top 7 Best Pocket Holsters
- Benefits And Drawbacks Of The Pocket Holster
- Types Of Pocket Holsters
- Types Of Pocket Holster Material
- Features To Look For
- Best Pocket Holster Comparison Chart
- Wrap Up
Carrying my gun inside my pocket? Is that even serious? It is quite serious, actually, because a pocket carry allows you more freedom than you expect. But don’t pay attention just to the first sentence of our article – check out what we got in store for you below!
The best pocket holster gives you things such as coverage of the gun, movement, security, and many others that you must consider when you are buying the right one for your needs. That’s why our crew has composed this buying guide with plenty of data, tips and last but not least some reviews of the best pocket holsters you can find on the market these days.
The right and safest way to carry your gun inside your jacket or shirt is to utilize a pocket holster – there’s no doubt about that. So head down our article and check out the excellent products we’ve outlined for you.
- DeSantis Ambi Nemesis Holster
- PRICE $$
- Made of : Rubberized fabric material
- Size : 5.4 x 8.7 x 1"
- Firearm Model : Keltec P3AT/Ruger LCP/Taurus TCP
- UTG Ambidextrous Pocket Holster
- PRICE $
- Made of : Polyester
- Size : Width: 3.9" Length: 5.6"
- Firearm Model : 9mm/.40 Autos
- Uncle Mike's Inside the Pocket Holster
- PRICE $ - $$
- Made of : Nylon
- Size : 4 available sizes
- Firearm Model : .22 - .25 cal. - .380s - 9mm/.40 autos
- ComfortTac Ultimate Pocket Holster
- PRICE $
- Made of : Neoprene
- Size : 5.75” height by 4” width
- Firearm Model : Most of the firearms models
- BLACKHAWK! Inside the Pocket Holster
- PRICE $ - $$
- Made of : Nylon
- Size : 5.9” height
- Firearm Model : Small autos (.22-.25 cal.)
- Barsony New Brown Leather IWB Holster
- PRICE $$$
- Made of : Double shoulder 7oz weight cowhide
- Size : up to 1 3/4" width
- Firearm Model : Compact, Sub Compact 9mm 40 45
Top 7 Best Pocket Holsters
These are the most sought for pocket holsters on the market now. They aren’t listed in any particular order. Every product in this buying guide is an excellent addition to your collection, so any choice you make is going to be okay.
1. DeSantis Ambi Nemesis Holster
The exterior of the DeSantis Ambi Nemesis Holster is designed with a highly rubberized fabric material. Once placed in your pocket, the draw is fast and easy. The holster is made to stay in its place under any circumstances. This is an ambidextrous pocket holster. It is designed with a smooth path cloth material for a low friction draw. This means that while drawing your gun, the holster will undoubtedly remain inside your pocket and won’t follow the gun out.
Because of the rubberized outer liner, your holster is well-gripped and kept in place inside your pocket. Another good advantage is that the DeSantis Ambi Nemesis Holster is filled with foam. With the help of this foam, the liners of the gun are blended. Therefore a printing on your clothing is prevented. It will keep you low profile with zero marks.
- Will not move while drawing
- Slick path of cloth, for a non-friction draw on the inside
- Rubberized outer line, for a maximum pocket grip
- Low friction inner liner
- Made with foam to prevent printing on clothing
- Stitching can catch on sights
- The muzzle end of the holster is not stitched
2. UTG Ambidextrous Pocket Holster
With its simple design, the UTG 3.9” ambidextrous pocket holster is a good value for your money. Compact and useful, this product is suitable for a subcompact 9mm, .40 autos, a Ruger LCR or any similar firearms models. The size of this holster is 3.9” x 5.6”. Best suitable for larger pockets, if you don’t want any marks on your clothing.
Some vital information about this item is that the holster is imported. Furthermore, there is a front and back pocket storage, including a side pocket. You can keep small items such as your keys, some cash or your ID card. For maximum retention, UTG 3.9” ambidextrous pocket holster features a non-slip band.
Finally, this holster has a beautiful, comfortable design. Thanks to the non-slip band, the product will stay in your pocket, with no chance of moving while drawing your gun. It will perfectly fit Glock 43 and similar firearms to it. With decent size and shape, this holster will do a great job.
- Features back and front pocket storage
- Retained by the non-slip band
- Simple and easy to use
- Great firearm protection
- Compatible with limited clothing types
- Best for large pockets
3. Uncle Mike’s Inside the Pocket Holster
Uncle Mike’s Off-Duty pocket holster is a good holster giving you dependable concealment. You can carry it anywhere as long as you got the right pockets for it. Due to the non-slip band, Uncle Mike’s holster will be retained into the pocket during drawing.
This holster is made of nylon and also blocks respiration. Because of the open top, drawing is more natural, and this holster is designed to protect your firearm and at the same time to serve as a cushion. It is comfortable and secure. Once you put your gun into the holster, it will not move.
There are 4 available sizes to select from. The manufacturer has also provided a chart pointing out the most common gun models for each size. Needless to say, most reliable guns are in sections 3 and 4. On the downside, one can argue that they should have done a better job with the material of the holster.
- Good protection for gun and clothing
- You get to pick the size
- Blocks perspiration
- Minimal print on clothing
- Open-top, for a better and quicker draw
- Non-slip band on the outside
- No lifetime warranty
4. ComfortTac Ultimate Pocket Holster
ComfortTac Ultimate pocket holster is made of lightweight neoprene for more comfortability while carrying. Both the inside and outside the neoprene are covered in a suede-like material. Тhis is for better protection of your gun. You don’t need то worry that your holster will slip while drawing, because an outer lining will grip the holster inside your pocket. Once placed, your holster is solidly secured.
А vital aspect of this holster is that it comes in two sizes. The compact measures of 5.75” height by 4” width and the sub-compact measures of 4” H by 3.25” W are your two options. Due to these measurements, ComfortTac Ultimate pocket holster will fit most of the firearms models. What is more, this holster is ambidextrous. It is suitable for both left or right-handed users.
To sum up, ComfrotTac Ultimate pocket holster is a perfect mixture of both comfort and reliability. Its suede-like lining on the exterior provides the user with a quick and smooth draw. For even more security a rubber strap is added to keep the holster securely in your pocket. It will not move under any condition.
- Subcompact and compact size
- Universal fit
- Suitable for both right or left-handed draws
- Comfortable and practical
- Strong concealment
- Rubber strap may feel obstructive
5. BLACKHAWK! Inside the Pocket Holster
Comfortable and quite useful, this BLACKHAWK inside the pocket holster is suitable for both left or right-handed users. It is quite small and compact, keeps the firearm from printing on your clothing. What is more, it will keep your gun properly oriented when you need to draw it.
To add more, BLACKHAWK inside the pocket holster has an open-top. This is for providing better grip-up positioning. This holster is made of low-profile laminate construction. Due to this, its construction protects the skin from the firearm’s sharp edges and furthermore, provides a barrier against moisture. Your gun and skin are protected from unwanted moisture.
Finally, this is a simple and comfortable holster. You can wear it in both of your pockets also a non-slip band will keep your holster into the pocket. The draw is quick and easy, without worrying that you will draw the gun together with the holster.
- A non-slip band, for maximum retention
- Open-top, providing grip-up positioning
- Small and compact
- Will keep low-profile
- Easy and simple to use
- Suitable for both left or right-handed draws
- Laminate construction
- Doesn’t absorb moisture
- Might pull out of your pocket, while drawing the gun
- A lot of wiggle-room
6. Barsony New Brown Leather IWB Holster
With its classy and straightforward leather style, Barsony IWB holster is an excellent example of an inside the waistband holster. This holster is made of double shoulder 7oz weight cowhide. Due to being precisely double stitched this holster is strong and durable, it will serve you for many years. Because of its material, this holster will not change shape as time goes by. It is suitable for 1 ¾ strap.
This holster comes with a single magazine pouch. With you can easily use with the metal clip on the back of the pouch. The good thing about this holster is that it will hold your firearm securely until you want to use it. On the other hand, the drawing will never be a problem for you.
The sizing options here are just impressive. They don’t go by some strange scale that nobody knows. Instead, you get to pick the holster for your exact gun model. That’s quite the cool feature presented by the manufacturer.
high-quality cow leather material
- It comes with a single magazine pouch
- Fits up to a 1 ¾“ belt
- Suitable for both left and right-hand users
- Solid retention
- Might not fit bigger firearms
- The leather is not very rigid
7. Barsony New Pocket Holster
Barsony New pocket holster is а nicely made, small and compact pocket holster. This holster is made of a high-quality Cordura nylon. It is crisp and sturdy, and it will not bend or lose shape while you use it. Its coverage is just enough to cover the trigger guard area, but the draw is not hindered. This holster is well-made and precisely stitched.
Another useful feature is that this pocket holster is ambidextrous. This means that Barsony Gun Concealment Pocket Holster is suitable for both left and right-handed users. Drawing your gun should be completely unimpaired. Your firearm is securely kept in the upright position in the holster.
Finally, Barsony New pocket holster is a great small and handy pocket holster. Even though it is not made out of leather, you can bet the quality of the product is high because it was built in the USA. There’s a wide array of custom sizes to choose from.
- Suitable for both left and right-handed draws
- It has a premium Cordura nylon construction
- Precisely stitched
- The gun is anchored for a better draw
- Your firearm is secured in the upright position
- Small and compact
- Easy to use
- Re-holstering can be tricky
- No clip
Benefits And Drawbacks Of The Pocket Holster
Those who choose to carry a firearm in their daily lives are continually searching for the best way to carry their weapon. There are a lot of holsters for this such as OWB, IWB, shoulder, ankle, and many others, which we have already outlined. But we are here to speak about the pocket holster. Nowadays, more and more armed citizens have the opinion that the pocket carry is becoming their primary way of hiding their weapons. By using a front pocket, a jacket pocket, or even a back pocket, this kind of carry is an excellent way to ensure you have a gun when you need one and nobody will know.
Such as everything, there are advantages and disadvantages, which we are going to discuss. Here are some pros and cons that you can keep in mind when you are choosing a holster.
- Pocket-carried pistols aren’t heavy.
- They are easy to hide and ready to bear.
- As the name suggests, pocket pistols are made to be easily placed in most pockets.
- Many carriers find this way of carrying extremely comfortable.
- The holsters don’t create any pressure points like the best shoulder holster
- When you are carrying, you don’t risk your gun to be seen until you want it to.
- You’ll need to wear pants that will be able to hold the weight of your gun.
- Also, you should have a pocket opening wide enough to allow you to access your firearm easily.
- Pocket pistols aren’t as quick or graceful on the draw. This is one of the most significant disadvantages of the pocket carry.
- There is a higher risk of getting snagged and difficulty drawing from a sitting or crouching position. However, the best OWB holster is the top option for a fast draw.
- Keep in mind that pocket pistols need more regular cleaning than other options.
- All the moisture, lint and crud that is in your pocket can and will find its way into your gun.
- Make sure you take into account your lifestyle, body shape, and fashion preferences before diving into pocket carry. Be sure to practice drawing your unloaded gun from your holster with whatever pants you plan to use for pocket carry.
Types Of Pocket Holsters
Pocket holsters come in a full arrangement of designs and materials. As you know the purpose of the holster is to secure and stabilize the gun in the particular position for the draw. It covers the trigger for protection. There are two basic styles:
- Front Pocket– It holds the gun upright, covers the trigger guard, and provides sufficient width for stabilizing the firearm in the pocket. This kind is the most excellent pocket holster for cargo pants.
- Rear Pocket– This one adds a smooth “anti-print panel” as large as the dimensions of the gun. Only a flat, square shape is noticeable on the outside (much like a wallet). Some gentlemen will use a rear pocket type holster with an anti-print panel in a front pocket to guarantee there is no printing. A few holster producers offer models with a removable anti-print panel, providing the user the advantage of both techniques in one holster. Front pocket style holsters are usually ambidextrous, but rear pocket designs are made for an appropriate “handedness” since the anti-print panel should be on the “outside” site of the gun.
There are varieties of the rear pocket holster known as “wallet holsters.” Did you know that the federal law regulates wallet holsters that permit the gun to be fired while still in the holster? The typical wallet holster covers the trigger and is allowed. Wallet holsters can contribute more shelter, but they are often much slower on the draw, as we said in the “Pros and Cons section”.
The front and back pocket holsters usually use the space under the grip to store the extra mag. This type of set-up is not ideal. However, these holsters give you the benefit of a reload in nearly the same amount of space as the gun itself.
Types Of Pocket Holster Material
The choice of your holster type and the material is an element of personal decision and preference. The firearm that you want to carry, the pocket that you want to use, and the clothes you usually wear, are all necessary factors in choosing a pocket holster.
For many people, a holster has to be made from leather. This material has the most aesthetic appeal—which may or may not be necessary for a holster that spends a particular amount of time in your pocket. But, leather is an efficient material and has been preferred for centuries. This material provides excellent stiffness and can be made in differing degrees of gun retention. Leather wears well and usually adapts to the user’s body shape over time.
Pocket holsters can be created out of synthetic materials too. Most of them, such as the ballistic nylon or vinyl, are significantly lower priced than leather, and they are not form-fit to particular guns, making them more adaptable for use with multiple firearms. Some synthetic holsters are intended to grip or “stick” to the inside of the pocket, many of them are known as sticky holsters.
Freshly some pocket holster makers have begun to use Kydex. This is a strong form-fit plastic element. Kydex holsters are very inflexible and usually have an excellent gun holding. This kind of holsters commonly have minimal flexibility and don’t conform to the user’s body or pocket.
Features To Look For
Keeping a small pistol or revolver in a front pants pocket is a comfortable and useful way to go heeled. A wide assortment of pocketable guns in calibers both large and small are very accessible these days to people who are looking to carry them in their clothing instead of on their hip. But as with any carry method, some features should be adhered to get the most comfortable one. Here are some of them:
- Coverage of the gun- most of the clothes you wear have pockets. It doesn’t matter if you wear a “cover garment,” or your shirt is over your pants or not. There is always where to put the pocket holster whit your gun in it. An anti-print panel can reduce any “printing” of the gun’s shape.
- Furthermore, people used to see pockets stuffed with things—wallets, cell phones, PDAs and more. Did you know that the average person doesn’t look for a gun in your pocket? That true, he doesn’t, just because that’s not the way how people on TV carry guns.
- Material- whatever material you choose (Kydex or leather as most appropriate) a piece of advice we can give you is to try as various styles as you can. Take the one that fits you most.
- Movement- pocket holsters may not offer you the fastest draw. Apart from that, this way of carrying permits you to have a full firing grip, and to be prepared to draw the firearm, while still maintaining a non-threatening position—your hand in your pocket.
- Security- holster protects the trigger, which helps lower the risk of a negligent discharge.
- The good holster holds the gun upright and keeps everything out of the trigger protector. Additionally, you should never carry anything extra in the pocket with your weapon. If you are going to use the pocket carry, never, ever have anything else in that pocket with the gun. Your car keys, money, and everything else must be in a different pocket. This is pocket for your weapon only!
- Your firearm should always be in a pocket holster, and the holster needs to cover the trigger guard. There are a lot of hidden carry myths, that say you don’t need a holster, but history knows a lot of incidents when gentlemen didn’t keep the weapons in holsters. We are sure you know what’s next. If they have their guns in a holster, there is no reason that they would “accidentally” pulled the trigger. So, carry the weapon in a good quality holster, with the trigger covered.
- Don’t put and keep your hand in your gun pocket except you worry for your life. More simply said don’t be “that guy” who makes it so clear he is carrying a hidden firearm because he’s always touching something in his pocket to make sure that this “thing” is there.
- Practice your pocket draw. Drawing from your hip and drawing from your pocket is entirely different. Spend some time practicing dry fire training to ensure you develop a smooth draw from your pocket, so you’re ready if you have to do it when it is needed. An excellent way to be prepared for a fast reaction under pressure is to carry your gun in one place all the time. Try and choose a pocket that works for you, and use that pocket whenever possible. You don’t want to have to find the gun if you need it fast.
- Double-check you are wearing the right type of pants. If your pants are very tight, such as the nowadays fashionable slim-fits, they produce a perfect outline of the gun in your pocket. If you have that model of jeans or pants, you need to buy different style ones or check out the most appropriate shorts for pocket carry.
- When you go somewhere for dinner with your family, and you sit down, you don’t really want to point your gun at them. Right? That’s what you’ll be doing if you don’t sit in the right seat. So, pay attention to your muzzle when you sit down with pocket carrying.
- Guns carried in your pocket tend to get dust. Believe or not, pockets are dirty places. It is good to put your weapon on a regular schedule (at least once a month) to field strip, clean out the dust, check for barrel obstructions, and rotate your carry ammo.
- Before buying a holster look for reputable retailers or manufacturers that will let you return the holster for a refund if it doesn’t fit you.
Best Pocket Holster Comparison Chart
|PRODUCT||PRICE||MADE OF||SIZE||FIREARM MODEL|
|DeSantis Ambi Nemesis Holster||$$||Rubberized fabric material||5.4 x 8.7 x 1"||Keltec P3AT/Ruger LCP/Taurus TCP|
|UTG Ambidextrous Pocket Holster||$||Polyester||Width: 3.9" Length: 5.6"||9mm/.40 Autos|
|Uncle Mike's Inside the Pocket Holster||$ - $$||Nylon||4 available sizes||.22 - .25 cal. - .380s - 9mm/.40 autos|
|ComfortTac Ultimate Pocket Holster||$||Neoprene||5.75” height by 4” width||Most of the firearms models|
|BLACKHAWK! Inside the Pocket Holster||$ - $$||Nylon||5.9” height||Small autos (.22-.25 cal.)|
|Barsony New Brown Leather IWB Holster||$$$||Double shoulder 7oz weight cowhide||up to 1 3/4" width||Compact, Sub Compact 9mm 40 45|
Well, it’s time to part ways now. But you can still stay with us and check out some of the other holster types we’ve covered. Now you now know all the secrets related to finding the best pocket holster. If you are unsure about anything, just go back up and recheck the info.
If that’s no use, then just pop us an email or ask us a question. Spreading knowledge is what we do, and this is why we recommend you do the same. Share our article with others so that they can also see the top pocket holster reviews.
You can always expect fresh and up to date content by us so don’t go away for too long! Thanks for reading and as always – stay put!